GPS MOBILE GARMIN XT FOR SYMBIAN S60
Posted by bates70 on November 18, 2010
SETTING GPS MOBILE GARMIN XT – SYMBIAN S60
Let’s just practicing how to install Garmin navigation software on your symbian phone.
1. 1. Devices that you need is:
- Symbian mobile phone with GPS Tech support.
- PC / laptop / notebook. PC / laptop / notebook.
- Data cable (other connectors such as bluetooth).
2. 2. Software and files that you need:
- Garmin Mobile XT, download here.
- Garmin keygen, download here.
- Maps of Indonesia, the maps for Garmin, download here (large file).
3. 3. The assembly
- Open GarminMobileXT_5_00_60_S60_TW.exe you just downloaded.
- Install on your PC / laptop / notebook in any directory.
- Once successfully installed, you will find the Garmin folder and its subfolders with the contents.
- Copy folders and subfolders Garmin others to MMC mobile phones in E:
- Install GarminMobileXT.sis on the phone.
4. 4. Garmin Unlock
- Open the Garmin on the phone, go to Settings – About.
- Note the Garmin unit ID on your phone.
- Open garmin_kgen.exe on your new PC you download.
- Write the unit ID in the box empty and press the Generate button above.
- Copy the generated code it in notepad and save it.
- Rename the file with the name sw.unl and copy it to E: Garmin \ in MMC mobile.
Now that you have installed Garmin was able to detect the components of built-in GPS in mobile phones. How:
- Go to menu Settings – System.
- Select the Remote GPS.
- GPS switch to mode ‘enabled’.
5. 5. Unlock Map
In the gmap.zip you’ve downloaded, contains two files, namely: gmapprom.img and gmapsupp.img. What needs to be unlocked only gmapprom.img file. The trick is as follows :
- Copy files gmapprom.img and gmapsupp.img to E: Garmin \ in MMC mobile phone.
- Record ID Garmin unit back in your cell phone.
- Write the unit ID in Garmin keygen.
- On the down position Garmin keygen, select ‘select Folder Product’.
- Select “custom mapset ‘.
- Content Map ID with code 2048, click OK.
- Press generate to-2 in the down position.
- Copy the generated code into notepad and save.
- Rename the file to be gmapprom.unl, and copy it to E: Garmin \ in MMC mobile (do like the file sw.unl).
- Restart the phone and open Garmin.
Happy navigating with Garmin on the phone.