Installation Ovi Maps on Nokia Phone
Posted by bates70 on November 17, 2010
Here is a step by step quick guide for you to follow.
Starting from scratch is the best thing to do, and following the advice below should help you sucessfully update your maps onto your E71 with memory card fitted.
- Connect E71 up to PC With connectivity cable, and select PC Suite mode. In PC Suite select File manager
- In file manager select memory card. In memory card, delete “Cities” folder, and “qf” file.
- Now, disconnect E71 from PC, and go outside, and launch maps. This will build a fresh library for Nokia Maps Updater to read. Make sure you let your E71 connect to a data network, NOT WiFi, and also wait until you get a good satellite lock.
- Once you have a good sat lock, close down maps. Go back into house, and reconnect E71 to your PC with USB Connectivity cable.
- Ensure your E71 loads up in PC Suite. Once PC Suite has found your E71, chose maps and click on maps update. Let is search for device, and updates. Confirm updates, and allow it to download, and install.
Then you are pretty much done. Go back outside, and do the same as before, allowing your E71 Maps to connect to a data Network initially, this is to check licenses. Wait until you get a sat lock.
Once you have done this, you can then use maps normally. Let me know how you get on with this, and if this does not work, i will guide you through a reset of your phone, and start a fresh completely, because then we will be updating from maps v2 to Ovi Maps. You may of part installed Ovi Maps you see, which maybe confusing things if it was not installed completely.